By: Kirk Tousaw
Read more »
RCMP here have issued a warning against consuming magic mushrooms, after the death of a B.C. man.
Cpl. Bryson Hill said preliminary results from an autopsy performed on a 23-year-old man who died while in the Halfway Hot Springs Nov. 8, indicate his death could be linked to him taking what he thought were hallucination-causing magic mushrooms or psilocybin mushrooms.
News reports identified the man as Dieter Eggers of Taylor, near Fort St. John.
Eggers was with a friend at the hot springs when he suddenly stopped breathing.
It will be a week before police receive toxicology results, but until then police were “working to prevent any further incidents” by issuing the warning.